Legacy = something that is handed down, endowed or conveyed from one person to another
Martin Luther King Jr. helped change the course of history. Although his leadership legacy is far too long to capture in this Wednesday Wisdom, here are a few thought provoking quotes.
- Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- People fail to get along because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don’t know each other; they don’t know each other because they have not communicated with each other.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.