The beginning of the second half of 2021 is almost here! Are you ready to make the most of it? Make June 30 your “New Half Eve” and celebrate the fresh start of the next six months.
We encourage you to set aside some time for silently reflecting and preparing for a ridiculously successful half of 2021. What that looks like for you will be completely different than for someone else. You won’t make it happen if you don’t make the time to define it.
HERE is a worksheet to support this 3-step exploration.
ONE: Ask Questions
- What were the highs and lows of January through June?
- How can I do more of what I loved, what brought me joy, and the things that strengthened me (repeat the good stuff versus just focusing on fixing stuff)?
- Are my 2021 GOALS still aligned to who I am and what I want to accomplish?
- What do I need to change about the way I think of myself, how I talk to myself, and the questions I ask myself?
- What can I focus on being and doing over the next 6 months that will move me closer to the vision of my ideal life?
TWO: Reevaluate Your Priorities and How You Define Success
A priority is the concern, interest, or desire that comes before all others. How have the changes over the last year impacted your priorities? Look at how you invest your most precious resources (attention, time, and money). This usually gives a strong indication of priorities.
Has your perspective changed on what matters most? To live your best life and be your best self, you must decide what is most important to you and act accordingly.
Success is about how you measure the results of your life. A wise person said, “Watch your thoughts; they become your words. Watch your words; they become your actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” Where you want to end up is your destiny. Have you taken the time to define that? This is success. What kind of person do you want to be? This is about your character. In order to be intentional about this, consider your habits…
THREE: Habit Reflection Exercise
- Make a list of key areas in your life. DOWNLOAD the worksheet for examples.
- Write a sentence or two about what success looks like for each area.
- Analyze your habits – Create two columns. In the first column, make a list of all your current habits. In the second column make a list of all the habits you’d like to have. A habit is something that you do regularly, like exercise, drink water, read, etc. Evaluate both columns and determine which area of your life the habit relates to and whether it supports your success in that area or hinders you from being successful.
- Decide what you will do differently because of this reflection exercise. What habits will you add, what habits will you subtract?
- Set a check-in date for yourself. Schedule an appointment on your calendar to revisit your reflection and celebrate your progress.
Make the most of the next six months. Try something new. Give yourself a fresh start. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. You matter, your month’s matter, your impact matters. Go be awesome 😊