1. Clarify the Current Reality
You can’t get anywhere without knowing your starting point. So the first step to success is to get clear on where you are.
- Assess your starting position
- Challenge your assumptions
- Gather data to validate the current reality
2. Create a Picture of the Future
Too often business success is all about a new system, process or structure. What is the new story? Can you simply explain the future in a way that evokes a visceral response? This is hard work but worth it.
3. Define the Path
Connect the dots between the current reality and the picture of the future. Once you know where you are and where you are going you have to think about the options for moving from one to the other.