We’ve often been asked how to learn more on the topic of culture. So, here are some of our favorite resources, in no particular order:
- Hit Refresh: The Quest to Rediscover Microsoft’s Soul and Imagine a Better Future for Everyone. This is a fascinating book by Satya Nadella. Discover the current Microsoft CEO’s story of change and corporate reinvention. He makes the case that job No. 1 for a CEO should be to curate the company’s culture.
- Dr Edgar Schein. In graduate school, Schein’s book Organization Culture and Leadership radically redefined Donna’s views on leadership and change. He is a former professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management, and he has been a defining voice in organizational culture. He’s written lots of fabulous books including the latest – Humble Inquiry and Humble Consulting.
- CultureUniversity.com – Scott was a contributing author for Build the Culture Advantage, Deliver Sustainable Performance with Clarity and Speed. That book led to the creation of Culture University, where both Scott and Donna are contributing writers. Check out Dr. Schein’s video, sharing nine important culture insights.
- Uncontainable: How Passion, Commitment, and Conscious Capitalism Built a Business Where Everyone Thrives. Learn firsthand from a CEO who has demonstrated excellence and cultural integrity for decades. Kip Tindell shares his leadership journey and how it shaped the sustained success of the Container Store.
- Constructiveculture.com – Catch up on presentations from past Ultimate Culture Conferences and check out Tim Kuppler’s article, 5 Ultimate Culture Insights from Top Culture Pioneers and Progressive Leaders.
- The January – February 2018 edition of the Harvard Business Review was all about culture. It is always interesting to read different perspectives on culture. But, be careful that the author doesn’t confuse culture and climate.